5 Reasons You Should Be Drinking More Water Plus Free Water Intake Tracker Printable
May 25, 2016
We all know that we are supposed to drink water every day because it’s good for our health. But, how is it good for our health? Most people acknowledge that there are health benefits to drinking more water but many don’t know the extent of those benefits. I decided to put together a list of some of the ways that drinking more water can help improve your health. I also made a printable so that you can keep track of how much water you are drinking each day. It’s also a helpful tool to motivate you to drink more every day. Just put an X through each bottle of water on the tracker as you drink it so that you can see your progress. Here are 5 reasons why you should be drinking more water every day.
1. Increasing your water intake will make your skin look brighter and more clear. Some people swear that they look younger since they began increasing their water intake. That’s because when your skin is properly hydrated from the inside it appears firmer and more youthful, so drink up!
2. Did you know that sometimes we mistake being thirsty for hunger? Drinking a glass of water when you are feeling hungry or just more water in general is a trick you can use to keep from overeating. It helps you determine if you’re really hungry or if you are just needing to stay hydrated.
3. Studies have shown that drinking enough water can prevent certain types of cancer, keep your joints lubricated to prevent joint pain and also keep away painful headaches. Those reasons alone have me drinking more water everyday. I tend to get some shoulder pain and headaches and I do notice a reduction in both when I drink more water and less sweet, sugary drinks. That’s a big motivation for me to keep drinking my water!
4. Our bodies get rid of toxins and impurities by urinating and sweating. If you aren’t drinking enough water, your body will not be able to properly perform these functions. That means that your body can’t rid itself of the bad stuff as well as it’s supposed to. Your body needs to get rid of harmful bacteria and if you don’t get enough water, that bacteria can build up causing many health problems.
5. Another bodily function that we don’t like to talk about but we all do, is pooping. Without enough water, you can become constipated which many of us know from experience, just isn’t cool. If you want things to go easier than drink more water! Carry a water bottle everywhere you go and aim for half of your body weight in ounces of water. If you weight 150 pounds you should be drinking 75 ounces of water a day.
Are you trying to drink more water every day? Do you have any tips you would like to share? I would love to hear them so please share in the comments below! Be sure to download my free water intake tracker so that you can reach your water goal each day.
If you are needing some tips or help meeting your fitness goals, be sure to check out my Beachbody site. It’s filled with lots if valuable information, motivating stories, workouts and products to help achieve any fitness goal you may have.