While my wardrobe consists of mostly classic pieces that never go out of style, I do love a good trend! That’s why I make it my business to incorporate at least 2 or 3 trends into each season’s wardrobe. I stick mostly to accessories and makeup but trendy pieces for the Summer are probably my favorite things to shop for. I love the brightness in everything and I enjoy these seasons the most, so it’s not really a surprise that I love to shop for them. Here are 7 trends to rock this Summer.
- Part your hair in the middle and braid the hair on each side to make pigtails. Secure with hair bands. Then add a fancy headband that’s sure to turn heads on a warm ssummer day. If you’re looking for a trendy piece for the Summer, a headband, the more ornate the better, is what you should be looking for.
- Are you spending forever covering your freckles up? Well, it’s time to stop! Freckles are currently trending, so let your natural glow shine through! For those of us that need to fake it, use a lip or eye pencil in a light brown or tan shade for the cutest faux freckles around.
- I told you I love the brightness of Summer and that goes double for the bright colors. Bright colors are the new trend in eyeshadow. Look for bright, tropical looking colors like aqua, fuchsia, yellow and lime to pull off “mermaid makeup”. You’ll feel like the prettiest mermaid on the beach even if you’re stuck at home!
- Do you remember when chokers were in style? They’re back! You can go large and chunky or small and delicate, whatever look you love the most is fine. Just be sure to wear a simple outfit if you are wearing a big, chunky choker so that the look doesn’t become overwhelming.
- Now this next trend is one I wouldn’t recommend to show up at the office wearing but I love it for a fun night out. Find two pairs of earrings that you love and that compliment each other. Now, put on 1 of each pair or even just 1. That’s right, mismatched earrings and wearing only 1 earring are hot trends for Summer this year.
- Here come my bold, bright colors again! Like me, you probably stick to neutral handbags and purses. Most of us do, that’s why bright colored bags are such a big trend for Summer 2016. Go bold with fire engine red, royal blue, Kelly green, or bright violet. The brighter the better as I always say! Bonus points for bold colored stripes or patterns.
- When shopping for trendy footwear this Summer be sure to grab a pair of chunky black sandals. Think ankle straps and platform soles or metal hardware and zippers. Pair these sandals with slim fitting pants or capris, a flowing blouse and a large bag to balance out the clunky look.
Candice01 Black Toe Strappy Chain Link Footbed Slingback Flat Platform Sandals-7
Do you use trends to accessorize your look? What are your favorite trendy things for Summer this year? Have you already incorporated some of these things into your Spring wardrobe and if so, which are your favorites? I would love to hear from you in the comments below.